Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Select delivery location

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB WINDFORCE 3X OC EDITION

4.0 4.0 out of 5 stars 56 ratings

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
  • Virtual Reality Ready
  • Great for 4K
  • DirectX12 Ready
  • Gamestream to NVIDIA SHIELD
  • Virtual Reality Ready
  • DirectX12 Ready
  • Gamestream to NVIDIA SHIELD

Important information

Legal Disclaimer

Product sold as is. Please contact Gigabyte for any warranty service.

Product guides and documents

What's in the box

• Computer Graphics Cards
  • Looking for specific info?

Product Description

GIGABYTE Flex display technology(patent-pending) can automatically detect any connected monitors and achieve multi-display gaming up to 4 monitors at the same time by using various output groups. Users could enjoy the best gaming experience in ultra HD resolution with extended flexibility in arranging monitor configurations and making future system upgrade extremely easy.

Product information

Technical Details

Collapse all

Additional Information

Warranty & Support

Amazon.com Return Policy:You may return any new computer purchased from Amazon.com that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Amazon.com reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned computer that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.
    For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF ]

Feedback

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

Fields with an asterisk * are required

/
    /
    /
    /
    Please sign in to provide feedback.

Customer reviews

4 out of 5 stars
    4 out of 5
    56 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the quality and power of the computer component. For example, they mention it's a great graphics card and easily powers through any game. That said opinions are mixed on noise and heating.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

23 customers mention20 positive3 negative

Customers like the quality of the computer component. They say it's a great graphics card with a ton of power. Some say it works great and is mostly silent.

"...This card is amazing. The idle temps are low, the heavy use temps are low, and it is xtremely silent!..." Read more

"...It is quiet despite all the fans it has.It looks good, too!..." Read more

"Nice graphics, but the fans seem glitched... Or dead... Don't spin, even when gaming. Ended up using case fans to force air through it...." Read more

"...I love the OC Guru!! I like the GUI for overclocking far more than the EVGA software...." Read more

7 customers mention7 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the power of the graphics card. They mention that it has some power for all their games and that it easily powers through any game at 1440p resolution at max.

"...When left on the stock gaming mode in OC Guru II, it easily powers through any game I have at 1440p resolution at max settings...." Read more

"Immensely powerful card that pumps a ton of heat into the case and cannot handle the heat of being on top of each other in a tight 3 or 4 multi Gpu..." Read more

"Great graphics card with a ton of power. You should buy the GTX-1070 or GTX-1080 since they are a lot better and more powerful." Read more

"Very nice, extremely powerful. 0 Complaints with it so far. Former 290x in CF owner...." Read more

13 customers mention5 positive8 negative

Customers are mixed about the noise produced by the computer component. Some mention that it is extremely silent when used at low temperatures, while others say that it emits a very loud screeching sound when the fan gets going. Some complain about the coil whine noise and the cooler making clicking noises if it makes any contact.

"...I'll be returning this card to amazon, as it's a completely unacceptable amount of noise. Gigabyte lost a long time customer with this one...." Read more

"...The idle temps are low, the heavy use temps are low, and it is xtremely silent! I still haven't tried adjusting the fan curve any...." Read more

"...My one complaint is that the fan is very loud at load, but not so much that it ruins my opinion of the card." Read more

"...It is quiet despite all the fans it has.It looks good, too!..." Read more

9 customers mention6 positive3 negative

Customers are mixed about the heating of the computer component. Some mention that the idle temps are low, the heavy use temps are also low, and there is no overheating, lag, or anything. However, others say that it pumps a ton of heat into the case and cannot keep the temps down. The heatsink portion on my card is a mess and the contact portion of the heatsin to the chip is rough and pitted.

"...I can say, however, that with heavy usage I have no overheating, lag, or anything...." Read more

"...fans really increase the air circulation in your case and keep the card very cold...." Read more

"...The Windforce fans are silent in normal operation, the GPU runs cool, and the performance rocks" Read more

"Amazing card easy 60 FPS on anything.Stays cool under 80 C while heavily overclocked and under load. Can't recommend it enough...." Read more

3 customers mention0 positive3 negative

Customers are dissatisfied with the performance of the computer component. They mention that the fans seem glitched, dead, or don't spin. Some say that the fan fell off after 9 months and is now inoperable.

"...I just can't see how Gigabyte could of missed that colossal defect on the heatsink on my first graphic card." Read more

"Nice graphics, but the fans seem glitched... Or dead... Don't spin, even when gaming. Ended up using case fans to force air through it...." Read more

"The fans fell off after 9 months and is now inop. Gigibyte RMA process is not convenient at all...." Read more

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2016
    I did not purchase this through Amazon.com because I had a gift card for another site, but I wanted to give a review since I own this card and typically buy from Amazon. I started with an EVGA 980 Ti Classified. Despite my many efforts, I could not keep the temps down on it, nor would it boost very much past stock. It had an ASIC score of 65.3%. During benching, and through normal use, the card would get into the 80c range. This was even the case with an aggressive fan curve. There was also a considerable amount of coil whine as well. I think I was just the lucky loser in the silicon lottery with it.

I promptly returned the card for a refund, and bought this card instead. This card is amazing. The idle temps are low, the heavy use temps are low, and it is xtremely silent! I still haven't tried adjusting the fan curve any. It hasn't needed it. During torture tests, the highest temp I have seen so far is 66c. I have not heard the fans yet, so I cannot comment on what they sound like other than silent so far. Before I tried to OC it any I ran it through 3D Mark as is. It boosted to 1442mhz right out of the box on stock settings.

After adjusting the power target to 110%, and boosting the core 70mhz, I was able to hit 1556mhz stable. I was able to get it over 1600mhz for a couple of minutes before it decided it didn't like that very much, but I wasn't touching voltage any either. The ASIC score for this card is 77%, and I imagine that has something to do with the better temps on air with the OC. When left on the stock gaming mode in OC Guru II, it easily powers through any game I have at 1440p resolution at max settings.

I highly recommend this card for anybody on the fence. It is easily better than my first choice. Something to note, it is a bit long. You will need 12'" of clearance between the case slot and the HDD rack. It fits into my Define R4, but I had to turn the HDD rack sideways. You will not be disappointed with this card if you do not plan to water cool.
    6 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2016
    At the point of this review I'm giving it a 1 star. Look below for reasons why.

Ok, I got the lowest end version of Gigabyte's GTX 980 Ti tier of graphic cards. I bought it with the intention of overclocking it to get more bang for my buck and so far it's overclocked somewhat ok.

On stock voltage I can get+160 Mhz (1463 Mhz) for core and +640 Mhz (4164 Mhz) for memory. Temperature hovers around 72-75 C while running the Unigine Heaven benchmark for 1 hour with a fan setting of 60% or 2235 rpm. The settings used for the benchmark are 1920x1080 with every thing else maxed and I get around 120FPS. It's a mild overclock and I'm only gaming at 1080p.

Gaming wise it plays all or most of my games at max settings and I get around 130 FPS. The most graphic intensive game I have in my library is Dying Light. Overall this card can steam roll most games before and around 2015.

Now the bad part, I'm not sure what Gigabyte was doing but the heatsink portion on my card is a mess. The contact portion of the heatsink to the chip is rough and pitted and some of the copper pipes that are welded onto the heat fin block are corroded. I can see rust on them weld points!!! Those nasty bluish-white powder rust like you see on corroded car battery terminals. It's like the under portion of the heatsink was exposed to very high humidity and just rusted away. I'm not sure how Gigabyte could of missed this while assembling the card at their manufacturing plant.

*****Update 01/25/2016*****
    Sent my GTX 980 Ti back to Amazon for replacement and as always Amazon is prompt and quick to send me a new one right away.

*****Update 01/31/2016*****
    Well I got my new replacement for a few days now and I took a look under the heatsink and it's good. The overclock on this new card is somewhat better than my first one. I can get it +170Mhz at the core, but now my memory can only go up to +400Mhz. It's all about the core clock anyways, right? The good thing is that my temperatures have drop quite a bit on this new card as it's now mostly hanging around only 62-68c when stress tested and with fan speed set only at 50%. As I suspected the first card I got with the messed up heatsink was not cooling the chip as it should.

Raising the rating of this card to 4 stars, it's not 5 stars because I just can't see how Gigabyte could of missed that colossal defect on the heatsink on my first graphic card.
    One person found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2016
    I love this graphics card. It's the best one I have had so far. I do not use it for virtual reality 3-D graphics, so I can't give a review of that aspect of this card. I can say, however, that with heavy usage I have no overheating, lag, or anything.

I play a few MMO's and a lot of PC games and have all settings on ultra on all of them, with no trouble at all. I get over 100 fps on the MMO's I play with just one of these cards.

This allows for multiple monitors (3 DP ports), which is something I am not utilizing at the moment, but is worth mentioning.

It is quiet despite all the fans it has.

It looks good, too!

I do have a g-sync monitor and it works beautifully in tandem with this graphics card. I have never seen such beautiful, detailed graphics before.
    Reviewed in the United States on June 18, 2017
    Nice graphics, but the fans seem glitched... Or dead... Don't spin, even when gaming. Ended up using case fans to force air through it. With the case fans blowing air through it, I can run Skyrim remastered edition on triple monitors on Ultra, and keep the card under 60°C... Not bad. I should probably RMA it, but I know how slow Gigabyte RMAs are (had to RMA a motherboard). Honestly... Just dealing with it, using the case fans on it, and waiting for AMD's Vega to launch... That's my plan. Jumping ship back to AMD

For now, it works... Just.
    Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2016
    This card has INSANE coil whine. My computer is in the other room from where I sit and it was too loud to the point where closed back headphones don't mask the noise. This wasn't just during running incredibly high fps benchmarks, although wow, it got insanely loud during passmark. Even Vsync capped on a 144hz monitor it's far too loud to play through. Dropped to an HDMI cable at 60hz as issues seem to get solved by swapping from DVI to HDMI sometimes, and it's just as bad there capped at 60fps with vsync on.

I'll be returning this card to amazon, as it's a completely unacceptable amount of noise. Gigabyte lost a long time customer with this one. Never again.

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
    George louizos
    5.0 out of 5 stars Fans don't even spin until the card is pushed (which is very hard to even do) so the gaming experience is super quiet on the gpu
    Reviewed in Canada on March 13, 2016
    Pros: 1: first off this card is an absolute monster! Very powerful and worth every penny. Especially since it's alot cheaper on amazon than local store retailers for some reason. This coming from a guy who's has 2 gtx 970's and this card just blows them away. Fans don't even spin until the card is pushed (which is very hard to even do) so the gaming experience is super quiet on the gpu end.
    2: it's one of the better 980ti's out there so you'll definitely get that extra performance.

Cons: 1 its a bit on a longer card so make sure your case has a little extra room
    2: the led lights do not work and there is zero option in the oc guru2 software for that control. Not the end of the world for me so no stars taken off. However if you really NEEDED that, then just be aware.

Im short, if you have the extra money and want a top of the line card for top of the line gaming, then this is definitely the card to get.
    Raúl Abdullah
    5.0 out of 5 stars excelenta tarjeta para jugar y trabajar.
    Reviewed in Mexico on February 4, 2016
    Cuando la compre el envio fue menos de lo esperado y eso que vivo en Guerrero llego a tiempo y en forma, buen estado.

PC:
    Intel i7 39770k overclockeable pero no lo hago
    16 GB RAM
    Nvidia 980 ti
    PS de 750 W

Por otro lado sí ya se que es más para jugar pero tambien en cuestión de hacer edición de video o renderizado es una gran opción por si no te alcanza mucho para comprar una Quadro, la he provado con programas como son el Unreal Engine 4 y el Adobe After Effects y tiene buen uso porparte de los CUDA's de Nvidia en especial por parte del adobe AF CS6 que esta optimizado para aprovecharlos y renderizar un poco más rapido, los ventiladores cuando se calienta si se escuchan pero no son nada molestos, por otro lado en el apartado de los graficos y juegos yo juego CoD: BO 3, GTA V, The Witcher 3 y Metal Gear 5 PP, maximo trabaja muy bien a 2K a 60 fps y a ultra y a 4K en ultra no es que no lo logre pero no llega a los 60 fps como maximo a los 30 y no es estable llega a bajar a los 24 o hasta 20 pero no hoz preocupeis que no todos tenemos pantallas o monitores 4K y ninguna tarjeta ni siquiera AMD llega a alzancar estable los 60 fps a resolución 4K todavía pero no falta mucho, en conclución si te llega a alcanzar para esta tarjeta comprala no hay pierde es la segunda más poderosa de las GTX es la versión capada de la Titan, pero que llega a veces a superarla y es "accesible", si no tienes llegale a AMD con sus Radeon no son malas la verdad pero si más baratas que Nvidia total no te pierdas de poder jugar a full HD en ultra solo por compar una Nvidia.
    2 people found this helpful
    Abraham Coronel
    5.0 out of 5 stars Excelente tarjeta de video.
    Reviewed in Mexico on January 10, 2016
    Me encantó. De las tarjetas más poderosas del mercado. La calidad de fabricación es excelente, esperado de producgos Gigabyte. Es grande y silenciosa. La utilizo para jugar y corre The Witcher 3 a 60fps con las opciones a full.

Lo único que no me gustó es que no tiene ninguna luz. Me hubiese gustado que agregaran este detalle ya que mi gabinete STORM STRYKER tiene una ventana para poder ver el interior del gabinete.