Buy used: $198.02
$8.17 delivery May 23 - 29. Details
Used: Like New | Details
Sold by iT Hardware
Condition: Used: Like New
Comment: NEW BULK OEM no box power supply with wires and 3 year warranty

Seasonic X-850(SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W 80 Plus Gold ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply

4.1 4.1 out of 5 stars 185 ratings

$198.02
Only 2 left in stock - order soon.
Brand Seasonic
Compatible Devices Personal Computer
Connector Type ATX, EPS
Output Wattage 850 Watts
Form Factor ATX
Wattage 850 watts
Cooling Method Air
Item dimensions L x W x H 6.3 x 5.91 x 3.39 inches
Item Weight 3 Kilograms
Power Supply Design Full Modular

About this item

• 80PLUS Gold Certified Super High Efficiency Seasonic DC Connector Module with Integrated Voltage Regulator Module DC to DC Converter Design
  • Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Electrolytic Capacitors Active Power Factor Correction (99% PF Typical) High +12V Output
  • Ultra Ventilation (Honeycomb Structure) Full Modular Cabling Design All-in-One DC Cabling Design Easy Swap Connector
  • Total Power: 850 W Power Factor Correction: Active PFC, 99% typical
  • Input Voltage: Full Range- 100 - 240V (Max. 90 - 264V) Input Frequency Range: 50/60 Hz
  • Input Current: 10 - 5A
  • Seasonic Hybrid silent Fan Control Sanyo Denki - San Ace Silent Fan
  • Universal AC Input (Full Range) 5 Years Warranty

Compare with similar items

This Item
Seasonic X-850(SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) 850W 80 Plus Gold ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply
Recommendations
Seasonic FOCUS PX-850 | 850W | 80+ Platinum | Full-Modular | ATX Form Factor | Low Noise | Premium Japanese Capacitor | 10 Year Warranty | Nvidia RTX 30/40 Super & AMD GPU Compatible (Ref. SSR-850PX)
dummy
Corsair RM850x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold - Low-Noise Fan - Zero RPM - Black
dummy
Seasonic Focus SSR-850FM, 850W 80+ Gold, Semi-Modular, Fits All ATX Systems, Fan Control in Silent and Cooling Mode, 7 Year Warranty, Perfect Power Supply for Gaming and Various Application
dummy
Corsair RM1000e (2023) Fully Modular Low-Noise Power Supply - ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Compliant - 105°C-Rated Capacitors - 80 Plus Gold Efficiency - Modern Standby Support - Black
dummy
MSI MEG Ai1000P PCIE 5 & ATX 3.0 Gaming Power Supply - Full Modular - 80 Plus Platinum Certified 1000W - 100% Japanese 105°C Capacitors - Compact Size - ATX PSU
Details
Added to Cart
spCSRF_Control
Details
Added to Cart
spCSRF_Control
Details
Added to Cart
spCSRF_Control
Details
Added to Cart
spCSRF_Control
Details
Added to Cart
spCSRF_Control
Details
Added to Cart
spCSRF_Control
Price$198.02-25% $134.99
List:$179.90
$149.99-32% $101.99
List:$149.99
-11% $159.99
List:$179.99
-10% $251.99
List:$279.99
Delivery
Get it May 23 - 29
Get it as soon as Saturday, May 25
Customer Ratings
Easy to install
Noise level
Energy efficiency
Quality of material
Value for money
Sold By
iT Hardware
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
Skytech
Amazon.com
Amazon.com
power supply design
Full Modular
Full Modular
Full Modular
Semi-Modular
Full Modular
Full Modular
connector type
ATX, EPS
ATX
ATX
ATX
ATX
atx,pcie
form factor
ATX
ATX
ATX
ATX
ATX
cooling method
Air
Air
Air
Air
fan count
wattage
850 watts
850 watts
850 watts
850 watts
1000 watts
1000 watts

Product guides and documents

Product Description

SeaSonic X-850 850W 80 Plus Gold ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply. False Anti-surge Shutdown Issue: The built-in anti-surge feature on some motherboards is known to produce false-positive readings while monitoring the output voltages of the power supply. Seasonic power supplies have their own integral safety features to protect all the components against electrical damage. When your system shuts down due to this problem in the motherboard, please follow these steps: 1. Update the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version available. 2.Check the power supply’s output readings in the BIOS. 3.If all seems to be normal then turn OFF your motherboard’s anti-surge protection. 4.To make sure that everything runs properly, you can check your benchmark scores (Futuremark, OCCT, etc.)

Looking for specific info?

Product information

Warranty & Support

For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF ]

Feedback

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

Fields with an asterisk * are required

/
/
/
/
Please sign in to provide feedback.

Customer reviews

4.1 out of 5 stars
4.1 out of 5
185 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the quality, noise level, performance, value, and cables of the system power device. For example, they mention it's a high quality power supply, very quiet, and performs as advertised. Some appreciate the variety of cables and the fact that it comes with plastic ties to tidy things up. That said, they're satisfied with ease of installation, appearance, and design.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

61 customers mention58 positive3 negative

Customers are satisfied with the quality of the power supply. They mention that it is a high-quality and reliable power supply, and that it's one of the best PSU manufacturers around. They are also happy with the quantity and quality of included cables, saying that they feel well built and are the proper length. Overall, customers are happy with its performance and recommend it to others.

"...great this unit is on efficiency, how quiet it is, build quality, rail quality, customer service, etc.But here's what it boils down to:..." Read more

"...So for my new build, I purchased this PSU. Plenty of power for my build:i4770k 16gb - ASUS maximus VI heeroGTX780..." Read more

"...Now, the fan spins all the time, and the PSU is always cool - even under load. Noise is not a problem - the fan is very silent...." Read more

"...+Soft, even powdercoat finish; great quality+Durable polycarb for all labels+Shared PCIe/8-pin 12V terminals..." Read more

43 customers mention37 positive6 negative

Customers like the noise level of the power supply. They say it's very quiet, has a nice audible click when seated correctly, and has no coil whine when pushing the graphics card and processor. They also appreciate the hybrid silent fan control.

"...babble on for hours about how great this unit is on efficiency, how quiet it is, build quality, rail quality, customer service, etc...." Read more

"...It's very quiet. I have mine on normal mode, I don't see a need to go to fanless mode...." Read more

"...+Virtually silent operation, even in standard fan mode+Soft, even powdercoat finish; great quality+Durable polycarb for all labels..." Read more

"...Quiet as a church mouse. Cannot hear it with the fan spinning or stationary. No coil wine or other noise...." Read more

39 customers mention32 positive7 negative

Customers like the performance of the system power device. They say it performs as advertised, runs great after 2 years of use, and has no problem with the system. They also say it's quiet, sturdier, and heavier than most other fans. Customers also mention that the efficiency has been great, and the unit has kept up with their demands.

"...I can babble on for hours about how great this unit is on efficiency, how quiet it is, build quality, rail quality, customer service, etc...." Read more

"...Noise is not a problem - the fan is very silent. Seems very good to - it's sturdier and heavier than most other fans I've used on my computers...." Read more

"...Great PSU, great performance, zero problems and super efficient. I love it! Thanks Amazon and thanks Seasonic!" Read more

"...Worked out of the box and took about 30 minutes to install AND wire manage." Read more

16 customers mention16 positive0 negative

Customers appreciate the value of the power supply. They say it is worth the price, has a great design, and provides performance for the money. Some customers also mention that the power supplies with high end components are a good buy.

"Seasonic is well known to make power supplies with high end components such as Nippon Chemicon, capacitors from Japan, durable Sanyo San Ace dual..." Read more

"...but well...for what it offers, I think this unit is very, VERY reasonably priced." Read more

"The Pros:(kind of)Priced great and 7 year warranty.I've never had a single problem with Seasonic...." Read more

"...They are pricey but well worth the extra cost...." Read more

15 customers mention15 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the cables of the system power device. They mention that it comes with plenty of connection cables for the motherboard, video card, and other items. They also appreciate the solid construction and the long enough cables. Some customers are satisfied except for the connectors, which are too fat to use in some cases.

"...The mb and cpu power cables are long enough to route through a thermaltake A71 full tower with slack to spare connected to a ASUS maximusVI hero..." Read more

"...+Terminals were well labeled and easily accessible+Toggle on the PSU for standard or 'hybrid' fan operation...." Read more

"...This PSU comes with pretty much all the cables you will need for a very long time, if not forever." Read more

"...It is also a single line 12 volt power supply which according to most experts is better than a multi line of the same wattage...." Read more

10 customers mention10 positive0 negative

Customers find the installation of the system power device easy. They mention that the hook up was easy, and the installation process was easy to figure out.

"...Quality of power, ease of installation, and number of connectors are all excellent...." Read more

"...It was easy to install it into a new CM 690 II Advanced case without any problems. Product will meet any of your expectations about it...." Read more

"...This power supply was a dream to install with its modular cable design, had way above average build quality and even came in a nicely built storage..." Read more

"...I have had it for several months. The hook up was easy and my computer looks cleaner inside with fewer cables due to modular design...." Read more

9 customers mention9 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the appearance of the system power device. They mention that it looks good, and is modular, making for a very clean case. They also appreciate the soft, even powdercoat finish and durable polycarbonate. Overall, customers are happy with the product's appearance and functionality.

"...So, this review is about what the product seems to be.Looks good, it's really well built...." Read more

"...+Soft, even powdercoat finish; great quality+Durable polycarb for all labels+Shared PCIe/8-pin 12V terminals..." Read more

"...Product will meet any of your expectations about it. It looks very stylish. Cables length was long enough to be passed through the case back plate...." Read more

"...The modular cabling has helped to increase case air flow while keeping things tidy." Read more

8 customers mention8 positive0 negative

Customers like the modular design of the system power device. They mention it's a dream to install with its modular cable design. They are also happy with the quantity and quality of the cables, ports, and holders.

"...It's fully modular and comes with a nice sleeved mb power cable, and plenty of black power cords for most anyone...." Read more

"...I love the modular cabling system and have been happy with the quantity and quality of the included cables, though it would have been nicer if the..." Read more

"...I like the fact it is fully modular unlike Antec's etc...." Read more

"...I like the modular design and build quality. Overall, I am extremely impressed with the unit. I would recommend this in a heartbeat." Read more

This is a great power supply for almost any build
5 Stars
This is a great power supply for almost any build
This is a great power supply for almost any build, it is somewhere between a tier 1 or 2 . not too loud, has adequate power and comes with more cables than you will need. cable lengths were perfect for my midsize tower build, the only thing i would have preferred would have been if the cables were sleeved vs being a ribbon type, but that is more of a cosmetic thing than an actual flaw. efficiency has been great while i monitored it with my watt meter especially since my pc only draws around 330 at full load. it fits in most standard cases and it a well trusted brand with many great reviews.
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on February 25, 2017
Seasonic is well known to make power supplies with high end components such as Nippon Chemicon, capacitors from Japan, durable Sanyo San Ace dual ball-bearing fan, excellent input filtering, regulation, and overall premium build quality. Currently for the last 15 years Seasonic has been my primary brand of power supplies I would use for my builds as well as my friends and family. With the crazy weather we've experienced the last few months, it's not uncommon for us to experience brown outs or intermittent black outs. Even after all of the electrical problems in my neighborhood my 2 machines running both the Seasonic X-850 and Seasonic Platinum 760 are still holding up quite nicely. Since my Platinum replaced a competitor's product (one with a sail) that failed last summer, I've been migrating all of my equipment to UPSs for battery backup and additional protection. That said, owning a UPS does NOT guarantee reliable operation of a power supply. Case and point, last night a longtime good friend of mine called up from out of state for assistance troubleshooting his PC that refused to power back on after a power outage. He had his machine connected to a battery backup, lost power then proceeded to power off his equipment. After utility power came back on, his PC refused to power on or POST. After some basic troubleshooting, I've had him disconnect the power supply from his components and short the green pin to a black pin on the ATX24 connector to manually power on. No dice, the fan didn't spin. To verify once more, I had him use his multimeter to read the DC rails, Yellow for 12v, Red for 5v, and orange for 3.3v; only the 3.3v rail output anything. It's dead Jim. He also did not use a Seasonic Power supply, instead he opted for one that was on sale at a big box store.
The point of the story being, his Non Seasonic power supply was approximately 4 years old when it died past it's warranty, and my dead corsair also lasted a little past it's 3 year warranty. As for Seasonic, since 2002, I've owned a few of their units. None has come to mind that has failed on me yet. I've also given away an old 620W 80plus model I've purchased in 2006 that's still kicking to this day confined in a desk cubby with inadequate air flow.
I can babble on for hours about how great this unit is on efficiency, how quiet it is, build quality, rail quality, customer service, etc.
But here's what it boils down to:
"How reliable is this unit?" Very reliable. "What happens if this fails?" Contact Seasonic, they'll ship you a replacement unit. Also this won't kill motherboards and components like the Bestec power supplies did. (Look that one up guys)
"Why buy this when I can buy 100000W brand XYZ power supply for half as much?" When you spend $300+ for a CPU, $400 for a GPU, $150 for a case, you can budget some money in a quality power supply that will easily outlast your video card in terms of functional use. Go ahead, save some money, buy a cheap crap PSU, but don't cry when your expensive part fails.
3 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on February 21, 2014
I'd replaced two thermaltake psu's in the past that just quit. Finally replaced them with a 650w antec (antec are rebranded seasonic) and never had a issue since. So for my new build, I purchased this PSU. Plenty of power for my build:
i4770k 16gb - ASUS maximus VI heero
GTX780
4x SCSI3 HDD's
1x SATA
2x optical

The gold rated efficiency claim I tend to view more as marketing since psu mfg's police themselves, besides, efficiency ratings only matter for over 80% utilization. I don't expect to be taxing the psu that hard all the time (the one 2star review, I don't think 850w is enough for his kit). For me, the quality of the power is what counts. I use a psu tester always before plugging it onto my mb. This unit was solid spot on for all voltages except one plug was 11.9v. Within spec, but there's enough connectors that I can not use that and have plenty to spare. If I add so much hardware I'm actually using all the connections on the psu, I should be buying a bigger psu.

It's very quiet. I have mine on normal mode, I don't see a need to go to fanless mode.

It's fully modular and comes with a nice sleeved mb power cable, and plenty of black power cords for most anyone. The mb and cpu power cables are long enough to route through a thermaltake A71 full tower with slack to spare connected to a ASUS maximusVI hero full size atx board. Quality of power, ease of installation, and number of connectors are all excellent.

A bonus is the bags for the cables that it comes with, and the bag the psu is packaged in. Rather than a rats nest of unused cables, you can keep your spare parts organized, the velvet bag will be stuffed with extra cables in my parts box.

The only con would be, for me, is that it is a single rail psu. Single rail psu's mean you don't have to balance the load on the psu, but I'm used to that. Since most psu's now are all single rail, I'll have to grin and bear it.

I've been around the block the last 20 years building and supporting machines for a living, electronics fail, fact of life. In my experience though, if it passes burn in, I expect this unit to be as rock solid as any seasonic psu. It's smaller, lighter, made in china, but what isn't nowadays. The one good thing is that seasonics have always been made in china, so I'm pretty confident they know how to make a power supply. Any unexpected failures down the road and I'll update this, but if I need another power supply for another build, I'll be buying a seasonic again.
4 people found this helpful

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
Germán Lomeli
5.0 out of 5 stars Silenciosa
Reviewed in Mexico on September 13, 2017
Una fuente muy silenciosa, hasta ahorita no he sido capaz de llevarla a consumos que activen su ventilador al maximo, ni siquiera en full load con un ryzen 7 1700 + GTX 1080ti Aorus + m.2 + 4 Coolers. La presentacion da la sensacion de ser una gama alta en cuanto a fuentes de poder. Incluye bastantes cables, pero honestamente la estetica de estos no es la mejor.
Moldovan Darius
5.0 out of 5 stars Il top dei top
Reviewed in Italy on May 8, 2017
Non c'è paragone quando si parla di seasonic sono i top delle PSU, non ho avuto alcun problema con questo alimentatore funziona benissimo . Cavi flat molto ben fatti e sigilati , tutti coordinati con la scritta sopra .
Silenziozissima anche con la ventola su normal , hybrid si sente appena.
2 people found this helpful
lose antonio
2.0 out of 5 stars he tenido que mandar a reparar por que nò funciona,
Reviewed in Spain on June 16, 2015
No me arranca el pc y la he debuelto, t no me dan esplicaciones de nada y espero respuestas. adios
Damian Jopling
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent results for overclocked / high occupancy systems.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 23, 2012
I purchased a Seasonic X-850 to replace an aborted attempt to build a 4-drive 3-fan watercooled gaming system on Intel X79 / LGA2011 technology. The first PSU I purchased (whos brand shall remain nameless, because it was) started collapsing on its 12V bus with just two drives plugged in, so I had to backtrack and scratch my head (I'm drawing about 750W). Sticking my multimeter across all its outputs showed the 5V bus oscillating between 4.7V and 5.3V and the 12V bus achieving only 11.75V on idle (then plummetting to <10V on full load).

Discovering the Seasonic X-850 was nothing short of a revelation. It comes in a box that looks as if it's going to contain the crown jewels. I've never seen electronics packed lovingly in a velvet draw string bag before, and it looks like it comes from Tiffany's. All the cables are laid out in a pair of neat nylon pouches and unfold like Dexter's toolkit. And there is a cable for *everything* you will need - and they're of decent length (unlike my ex-power-supply's, which fought to get to the ATX connectors in my Thermaltake Level 10 GT case).

The instructions are a bit basic and read like the taglines from a marketing brief, but it's not hard to fit -it can only go in one place, and one orientation. Slapping everything back together, I powered up. And lo and behold... Everything was immediately fixed, even things I hadn't associated with power - no more strange instability, no more spontaneous warm-boots, and my last two drives are straight in and working a treat. Immediately I noticed that the strange screen shimmer I'd been noticing had gone too (thanks very much, old PSU) and the fans that I had thought were just well designed to be silent roared up to their max speed - embarressingly, they had actually just been undervolt. Mister Multimeter shows 12.08V on idle, 12.17V on full load - and most amazing of all, the 5V bus is a rock - 5.05V at any point in the duty cycle. Now that's good regulation.

I admire good engineering and this piece of equipment deserves all the praise heaped upon it. It's not cheap - at £180 it was getting on 7 times the price of my stock supply - but in terms of quality, reliability, stability, and sheer avoidance of wasted time and energy, it's a total win-win for me.

Bearing in mind most system builders keep their cases through 3-4 motherboard iterations at least, it's a long term investment that can only be a wise choice for years to come. Get one, then forget it even exists - the ultimate accolade for any technology that just quietly does a good job.
5 people found this helpful
paglob
5.0 out of 5 stars Que du bon
Reviewed in France on December 27, 2011
Voila j'ai pris cette alimentation pour faire une configuration à base de i7 2600k et d'une carte graphique GTX580 EVGA.
Que se soit en charge ou non celle ci reste inaudible,teste effectuer avec OCCT pendant 1 heure ,seul la carte graphique reste audible car avec se genre de test qui est fait pour monter en puissance,normale que le ventilateur tourne plus vite.
Je recommande cette alimentation , malgré un tarif un peu trop élever,vue la qualité,le prix est vite oublier,de plus j'avais un bon offert de 15€ pour l'achat de l'alimentation.
Seul problème au sujet du bon d'achat j'ai envoyer les documents demander pour preuve ,j'ai reçu un mail comme quoi j'allais recevoir le bon,mais jusqu'à maintenant j'ai toujours pas le bon d'achat de 15€.

Edit: Je viens de recevoir les chèques cadeaux,mais je ne pourrais pas les utilisés sur Amazon ,dommage.
One person found this helpful